Home Forums Grierson Forum The way forward for Art in the Time of Covid…and beyond

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

It’s a strange time for everyone. Of that there is no doubt. In 2020 Grierson Galleries has had to cancel two Art Shows – the first the hugely successful Benenden Art Show in April and the second our debut Art in Transition (how very apt!) Show at Dulwich Prep Cranbrook (October). The latter we know too would rock the art world. We know how to do this.

However. These Shows have to have visitors. Real, live visitors. Those who can look at, appreciate, enjoy, revel in, comment on…art. There are now many, many online exhibitions and I know lots of artists have been selling online during lockdown. To me there is really only one way to truly appreciate art. And that’s in the flesh, the ‘hard copy’!

I was thrilled and honoured to be asked to open the Weald of Kent Art Society annual Art Unlocked Exhibition PV on August 27th this year in Tenterden, Kent. Sadly they had to go online and I was asked to judge that way instead! See News for the results. It certainly keeps the name and the artists out there!

These are challenging times and these too will pass. So what’s YOUR view of the way forward for art at this time? I’d love to hear.

Please do let us know your views!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must Login -OR- Register to create new topics.